Pieces of my world

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

 

Forgive me

Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.
It has been too long since my last confession blog post.
What has happened?
In short: lots.
I am part of St Chad's choir now, as well as in St Cuth's and it's AMAZING. It really is. I'm having so much fun- we get through a phenomenal amount of music. On Monday Cuth's choir performed in Durham Cathedral, which was truly awe inspiring. So we got dressed in formal clothes- complete with gowns! - to give the service (St Cuths is a non-gown wearing college so it's rather special when we wear gowns for choir performances). Normally, we practice in Castle chapel (University College chapel- for those of you who don't know, University College is located within an actual castle) which is very pretty, but doesn't compare to the splendour of the cathedral. Afterwards, we were invited to the home of the Principal of St Cuthbert's Society, Roy Boyne, for a glass of wine before we proceded on to Emilio's restaurant to have a meal together. I think that was one of the best nights of my time here in Durham so far. Tonight is Cuths Christmas Formal, so I'm getting all dressed up this evening, wearing a pretty dress and I'm quite excited, as this will be my first ever Formal and I will be singing midway through with the choir too. Tomorrow night is Mandarin and Chad's choir, then Friday is carol service in St Margaret's Church and we're singing in the cathedral again on Sunday. I have been out dancing for the first time in my life, I have made lots of friends in Durham since my time here and feel like I'm bonding with people now, I have had lots of late night intellectual discussions, I have trophied my very first wine glass (!) I have spoken to more people in the shortest amount of time than I ever have before, I have really enjoyed the debating society and I am loving Mandarin (even though it IS really difficult!!) I have met so many interesting people and had so many experiences, even if I really haven't done as much work as I should have done!
Many exciting developments to be sure.
I am returning to Manchester next Thursday, when I will be going back to college to pick up my A Level certificates and catching up with everyone. I will have spent 11 weeks here (almost 3 months, I can't quite believe it). My University experience as a whole is better than I thought it would be.
I never thought I'd say it, but all the anguish of last year, the A Level stress, the Uni applications, the Oxford rejection, the worry over where I was going to end up, all of it... It was all worth it after all.
Regrets? Many. Would I change it? No.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for droppin' by OP.
Hope the study's going well for you, Merry Christmas!

2:34 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad that you're enjoying Durham after all of your apprehensions before arriving :-)

Abel

7:04 pm  
Blogger COLORADO BOB said...

Saw you at Mur's ... Any luck with the HP ?

7:26 am  
Blogger tony said...

Hi!
just came to you via
Manchizzle.
Nice blog.
Regards
tony

11:07 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home